Monday, January 17, 2011

_________ start

Restart, new start, fresh start... whichever adjective (or I guess 'restart' could be considered a verb) you use to describe it... it has been my reality, and a busy one at that, which is why I've unintentionally avoided blogging.  One of my goals for 2010 was to pursue teaching yoga full time and ditch the desk job.  Well the real beauty in setting goals is achieving them and this has been the most fulfilling one to date.  As 2010 was drawing near I was getting nervous that this one might have been a little too far out of reach and I was quietly setting new goals for myself... actually... just pushing back the deadline, incase I didn't meet it.  And then it happened, J described it as "the 3 point shot in the last minute of the game to win it." It actually felt more exciting than that... I remember the Thursday (only a few LONG weeks ago) when it started to come together, the night before Christmas Eve... Effective January 1, 2011 I would be adding 7 more classes/week to my existing 7 class/week schedule... annnnd (drum roll please) it was finally realistic to become a full time teacher!

My restart button started to look more like an 'Emergency Stop' button on a scary rollercoaster when I decided to start The Master Cleanse on Jan 10th.  The same day I put in my official two weeks notice at work, the start of my second week teaching 14 classes and working 32 hours at the same time.  It was a bit of a whirlwind..or.. tornado.. but the light at the end of the tunnel is shining so brightly.

My goal for the cleanse was 10 days and I only made it 5... I guess you can't win them all... but the ones you do far surpass the ones you don't.  Fresh start... I think that's my favorite of the ones listed above because that's what I feel... refreshed!

No comments:

Post a Comment